The structure of the site is a clear scheme by which the resource will be developed. A clear structure will show the future appearance of the site, so its creation really should be paid attention to. In this article, we will describe what exactly is the structure of the site, as well as give some tips on how to make it good.
But before we go any other, we’d like to advise you on a great site to help you with SEO. At pr-cy, you can do various routines that will help you optimize your site. For example, if you don’t know what kind of text to write to get on the first pages of the SERPs, you can use this: https://pr-cy.io/tools/seo-copywriting/ tool.
Types of structures
Here’s a list of the main types of structures. Each one fits a different type of site:
- Linear structure – this is the kind of structure where pages on the site go through a logical chain (for example, home page – services – leave an application). This structure works for small sites (for example, it is ideal for brand presentations).
- Block structure – this is the structure where the user can go from any page of the site to any other page. This organization is suitable for sites with a small number of pages that are logically connected with each other. It is worth mentioning that this type of architecture is used very rarely.
- Hierarchical structure – this is the most common structure that can be used for all classes of sites. It divides the main and general sections into a number of more specific pages which the user can quickly access.
What should be a good site structure?
The requirements for the structure of the site can be different, but regardless of them, the information must be presented in such a form that users:
- Get a comprehensive answer to their questions.
- Understand the logic of the site.
- Be fascinated by the published material and strive to find other articles.
- In addition to the above, the posted content should improve the site’s position in search engine results.
How to make a proper site structure?
Here are some actions you should take if you want your site structure to be good.
Analyze and evaluate the structure of your competitors
The structure of your site is of utmost importance when it comes to promotion in search engines. Competitor analysis is a simple, quick, and effective way to find out which site architecture will turn out to be the most suitable. It is especially relevant for simple and small projects because it reduces the cost of launching a site to a minimum.
Collect the semantic core of the site
In order to create a good site architecture, you will also need to work with the semantic core. A thorough analysis of user queries will provide a clear response to the question of what is currently trending and what is no longer interesting. This will allow you to create a structure that will be most convenient for potential clients.
Such a structure will have a powerful effect on SEO promotion. To create a structure based on the semantic core, you need to search for key phrases or words. This can be done using the Google AdWords service:
- In the search box, enter your keyword query.
- Copy the results.
The semantic core will need to be broken down into clusters. These are groups of queries united by a certain theme. These groups of key phrases create a semantic structure of the site.
Draw a diagram of the site structure
A properly made table in Excel will give a rough idea of what should (ideally) be the structure of the site. Also, for clarity, you can draw the structure in some other utility, which is designed for graphics. For example, in Photoshop.